Join me on Twitter!

Tuesday 19 February 2008

Valentine's Day Contest in office..

This is my entry for the Vday greeting card contest held in office..
It's not your typical card I know but it is based on a V'day that I spent at an old age home way back in college.
This is true life depiction based on the pain I felt in the old lady's eyes & words..

Staring in the open with time at hand...

You search your closet for happier times...

The morning tea doesn’t taste the same...

Yet...I’m with you my stranger, I’m with you...


Gave up your time for your family’s smiles...

Balanced the moods of your future and your past...

You walked down the isle once, now you stare at the dial...

Yet…I’m with you my stranger, I’m with you...


You held tiny palms when they didn’t know the way...

You hugged them tight, didn’t let life stray...

Now they’re far away and you’re on your own...

Yet... I’m with you my stranger, I’m with you...


Now time is all you have, sitting in this foster home...

No office hustle bustle, no candles, wine & dine...

Hope my words bring back memories; hope you never feel alone...

I don’t want to be a stranger, will you be my Valentine...

No comments: